Protect Your Wealth and Start Paying Yourself
The freedom to live the retirement lifestyle of your choice with more time to spend with your friends and family can make your retirement years truly enjoyable. However, this is not the time to become complacent about your financial initiatives. Stay open to new ideas and opportunities to leverage your money, even if you are satisfied with your products and their performance.
Here are some ways Raccoon Valley Bank can help you fortify your financial position during your retirement years:
- Join our Raccoon Valley Bank Ambassador Club – Take advantage of deposit enhancements, travel opportunities and social events for our customers in their retirement years.
- Conserve time, money and paper with Raccoon Valley Bank’s convenient checking accounts with online banking, bill pay, eStatements and no activity charge ATM services – You’ll reduce the time it takes to pay your bills and save on the expense of printed paper checks and postage while helping the environment as well.
- Leave a legacy with a trust – Our Trust Services are intended for many people at many levels, and we can help you create the legacy you want and administer your assets according to your wishes.
- Relieve your family from making difficult decisions – Decisions about the disposition of your estate, a living will, burial and funeral arrangements can be made now so your wishes will be known and your family will be relieved of making important decisions under duress.
- Rent a safe deposit box – A convenient place to store important items that would be difficult or impossible to replace. Raccoon Valley Bank’s safe deposit boxes offer privacy and in most cases, greater security than keeping your valuables and important documents elsewhere. Additionally, some insurance companies charge lower insurance premiums on valuables kept in a bank's safe deposit box instead of at home.
For help determining the best practices and products for sound and productive money management during your Retirement Life Stage, please contact us at 515-465-3521 or email@example.com.
Making Life Easier with FREE:
Get started today!
Tips for Effective Financial Management
- Take advantage of senior discounts wherever you can, and don’t be shy in asking for them.
- Do not invest with someone you don't know. Scams targeted at retirees abound. Your investment opportunities should be carefully researched
and verified by reputable professionals.
- Be informed. From your investments to your insurance you’ll want to audit your current portfolio and policies and make the necessary changes to reflect your needs and preferences as a retiree.
- Create a complete and detailed listing of your financial, investment, insurance and trust products and put a copy in your safe deposit box.
Doubling Your Money
When it comes to finances, it’s usually safe to say that the longer you invest your money, the more you’ll have. You can figure out how long it will take to double your money with the “Rule of 72,” by dividing your interest rate into 72.
EXAMPLE: Savings interest rate = 3% ~ 72 ÷ 3 = 24 ~ Money in a savings account earning 3% interest takes 24 years to double.